Do You Have Humbugs?
* "Humbugs" is short for Hydrocarbon Utilizing Microorganism.
* There are over 100 known varieties of Humbugs, including bacterium and fungi that eat diesel fuel (petro & bio), heating/fuel oil and even engine oil.
* Water is their oxygen source or air supply and they can be found at the water oil interface.
* Their by-products are additional water and corrosive organic acids.
* Damage from Humbugs can be significant, extensive and expensive.
* Contaminated fuel may have to be disposed of if left untreated.
* Frequent filter clogging can be an indicator of an active colony.
* The presence of black, brown or green slime is a good indicator of infection and is sometimes called "algae", but is more commonly known as Humbugs.
* A "rotten eggs" smell is also a good indicator.
* Middle distillate fuel has low vapor pressure, making it vulnerable to condensation, making it a great habitat for humbugs.
Do you have Humbugs? Use our detection kit, No. 905 to find out. It will tell you if you have Yeast or Bacteria (Humbugs):
Check for Bacteria (Humbugs) with our No. 905 Kit
Check for Yeast with our No. 905 Kit
If the test is positive for bacteria (Humbugs)/yeast or you want to prevent them, use Microbicide MP8.
Microbicide MP8 is available in:
* 15-16 oz Twin Neck Bottles
* 5 Gallon Container
* 55 Gallon Drum
Note: All containers must ship via Common Carrier.
Give us a call. We can help.